Entrepreneur and overwhelmed? Think you may be depressed? I can relate. See if this approach can help:
1. It’s great that you realize that this may be depression and not “the way things are”, meaning it is a subjective state of mind, meaning it doesn’t hold TRUTH in itself and can change if you’re willing to learn and grow.
2. Realize that whether from chemical imbalance, stress, past emotional trauma, or any other trigger, IT SHALL PASS. So take a breath and know that you‘ll get through it.
3. Don’t resist it. Just accept it like you accept that you’ve got a cold or flu.
4. See if this is possibly not depression but a pain and feeling of loneliness associated with rapid growth. If so, this is sometimes referred to as a “dark night of the soul” – when we seek light but must leave the old self and go through the “great unknown” or “darkness” before we see the other shore. It can be as short as a few days but in some cases can take a long time. If this is indeed the “dark night of the soul”, treat it as a blessing and be courageous. Resisting it only prolongs the agony. Many deep sufferings in life are that. If we accept it as part of growth, it loses its sting. I actually open myself up to that pain and trust that it will lead me to light, as it always has.
5. Focus on your work so that you don’t just ruminate in your pain… however, don’t use your work as an escape. If you don’t dig deep for the root cause of your pain and address it, it won’t go away. Be courageous. What do you have to lose?
Sending good thoughts your way. You’re definitely not alone. 💞
P.S.: If you are interested in learning more about focused meditation and mindfulness techniques to help you find a greater sense of wellbeing, stay energized and deal with stress effectively, I am holding a FREE online webinar over at ProductivityRockStar.co. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!